Thursday, January 21, 2010

You know you're in Italy when...

So I know that Grace will probably say the same things but since the great majority of you won't be reading her blog:
You know you're in Italy when it takes more than 5 days for your clothes to dry... I'm running out of clean things!
You also know you are in Italy when it is cheaper to get wine at a restaurant than water, no joke.
So I feel like lately I don't have too many stories, nothing to share really. I have had all of my classes at least once and I am pretty happy with them, I think that I will learn a lot this semester, and as for the history classes there are some history buffs who I might have to cling too.
Lets see... I am trying to take pictures, It's my goal now there just hasn't been much sun lately... buuuut this morning it was very foggy outside so I took pictures of that so you will have a strange idea of what Macerata looks like.
So here you go...





Also, I don't know how to comment on my own posts so Audrey: I don't know how much it costs for postage stamps but I do know that the term "snail mail" definitely applies to Italy so send those out asap so I get them before my program is finished.

6 comments:

  1. It cost me 98 cents to mail a letter to Lora in Kenya ... so I'm sure it shouldnt be thaaaaaat expensive, but it does take at least 10-12 days to get there ... (sorry for my imput)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't apologize for your input! thank you!

    so those little italian streets look perfect for getting raped. hah i'm kidding but seriously be careful. Alright well I will write to you then. Why don't you try blow-drying your hair or something?

    Oh and guess what!? You know how you were talking about how the girls wear poofy coats with strange/fur hoods...well that same day my professor in my dress&culture class just started talking about how during fashion week in nyc all these italian women were wearing these new fitted/shiny/puffy down coats and they all have big/wierd necklines/hoods. i was thinking no way, alyson just talked about those! i think that's what you were talking about. Alright. love, audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je suis (suivre) ton périple avec grande attention. Ces petites rues sont bien jolies mais elles me font vaguement penser à un film d'horreur que j'ai vu il y a des années et qui se passe à Venise. Mais c'est à Venise... Pour les puffy coats dont tu parles, je les ai vu hier à Genève ! C'est vrai, je crois que c'est la mode partout en Europe.
    Continue à nous faire rêver avec tes récits et tes photos. Nous t'embrassons tous.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alyson,
    Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. Keep sending the photos. Looks like you need sun there just like we need it in Muskegon.

    I hope you are having a marvelous time, as I am sure you are. I have always wanted to visit Italy. So, your blog is great for armchair travel. : )

    All best wishes,
    Darlene DeHudy (your grandma's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson,

    I want to be there with you so bladly. Those pictures are amazing!! I am lovin' the fog.

    I told my mom about the wine being cheaper than water, she is so jealous. Ha.

    I miss you.

    Love,
    Kirstin

    ReplyDelete