Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm still kickin', don't worry

January 28, 2010

Hello!

So I know it’s been like a week, I’m still alive, don’t worry.

This past week has been alright, people are getting more and more sick and I hope that I’m not coming down with something too bad. Yesterday I was burning up and I felt a little light headed so I just stayed after class because some of the girls from the Renaissance class watched Troy. I forgot how bad an actor Orlando Bloom is, it’s painful to watch. But anyway, I am feeling better and I’ve been pounding myself with meds and vitamins and whatnot so hopefully I will feel better soon. Just before I got sick one girl, Molly, had been feeling sick too, like fever and vomiting, sooooo fingers crossed because I’ve been hanging out with her a lot lately.


On Wednesdays we have our cross-culture class and we had a cheese tasting, so now I have some idea of the varieties here, one of them they had us put fig jam on it, can you say wonderful? Well, maybe not, but I sure can. And we had white wine with it, kind of strange for me but I asked Filiberto about it and he said that it was just because he wanted us to taste a wine from the area. He then told us to hurry up and finish it before our next class started… again, only in Italy.

 

Tomorrow we are going to an abbey and maybe a castle? I’m not sure, and they said something about a wine tasting.

 

Also… big news! I’m going to Carnivale in Venice next weekend! We booked a hotel today and I’m going to buy my tickets soon, so we will be there from Friday to Sunday, I’m so excited! I will for sure videotape that with the 33 minutes remaining of my battery until I get that package from good old G-Rap… it should be here any day now, hopefully.

 

What else? I’m learning Buttercup on the guitar. “You know, build me up, buttercup baby just to let me down” (that will now be in all of your heads for a few hours I hope).


I also just changed my background on my laptop to a cute little rabbit picture from stumbleupon I’m sure some of you have seen it. Tiled of course.

Also, I just listened to this song and wrote down the lyrics… yes I know I could have gotten them offline and maybe some of the words will be wrong, Mallory will know.

 

But I think you should all read and listen to it, you can think of me if you want to, that way it will sort of have something to do with the blog, here’s the link as well

 

Come and open up your folding chair next to me

My feet are buried in the sand, and there’s a breeze

There’s a shadow, you can’t see my eyes

And the sea is just a wetter version of the skies

Let’s get a silver bullet trailer and have a baby boy

I’ll safety pin his clothes all cool and you’ll graffiti up his toys

I’ve got a perfect booooody, but sometimes I forge-e-e-e-e-et

I’ve got a perfect booooody cause my eyelashes catch my sweat, yes they do, the dooooo

 

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Now, I’ve been sitting on this abandoned beach for years

Waiting for the salty water to cover up my ears

But every time the tide come in to take me home

I get scared, now I’m sitting here alone, dreaming of the dolphin song

 

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Maybe one day you will understand that I want nothing from you just to really hold your hand

Til that day comes, please to feel so down, don’t make frowns you silly clown

 

Juuuuust come and open up your folding chair next to me

My feet are buried in the sand, and there’s a breeze

There’s a shadow, you can’t see my eyes

And the sea is just a wetter version of the skies

 

There’s a shadow, you can’t see my eyes

There’s a shadow, you can’t see my eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCvgXmg0m1g

January 30, 2010

Ok, so yesterday was pretty cram packed… we went to San Ginesio which was snow covered… not like Michigan but it was super unexpected and I was wearing converses, not good. But it was super pretty and I actually took pictures, so I’m pretty proud of myself, even though it was mostly so that I can just sketch Romanesque buildings for my Art History journal from my own pictures instead of other people’s on facebook.

So we went to a few churches and then to an abbey called S. Maria di Chiaravalle di Fiastra which was cool. Then we ate lunch, I had gnocchi and soup, and then we went to a castle and walked to the top of the tower, or keep? I’m not sure what it’s called, let me tell you, people were camera happy, by the end I didn’t want to take anymore, I am already not such a fan of posing. Then we went to a Winery called Il Pollenza and we even got to taste some wine! One white and then the same red but from different years. The white was actually really nice, I’m usually not huge on whites, the red on the other hand was very woody… like very, very woody, it kind of tasted like wood, but I mean it was still good just not my type of red. Then we got back and bought our tickets for Venice and went grocery shopping. After that I went to my friend Katie’s apartment and we figured out spring break… so, the deal is we will take a train to Rome then take a plan to Barcelona, then either a train or bus to Madrid, meet up with Coralie there and take a plane to Dublin, stay a few days, maybe do mini bus trips to other places, it’s a small country, then the cheapest way back was through Brussels and then to Rome… so, we are going to hang out in Belgium for a day or so. Yep, so planes booked now we have to start looking at other transportation and hostels. Hey, if any of you have connections in any of those places or have friends that could house us or something please let me know, there will be 4 girls all together. Or if any of you have stayed in hostels there or have any good tips of where to go or anything anything at all let me know please! I think it will be a fun and possibly crazy adventure, I might have to live on only pasta when I return to Macerata but that is a risk I am willing to take.

 

It took us like 4 or 5 hours to figure this all out last night so by the time we finished it was around 2- 2:30 so they told me to spend the night on their couch… so yeah, it’s starting to feel like home haha.

 

Anyway, that is all for now, I am going to go buy some veggies with Carly and post this all in a few hours, take a look at these pics!

Winery


Abbey... I think that's how it's spelled
Snow
Bad idea...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment