Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The adventure comes to a close...

Ooook 
So I know that I said that I would do this like a month ago, and I probably should have done it even before that. 
But since it has been a while I have forgotten a lot and a lot has happened so I will just round this all up into a few lines of what these past few months have been about...

Well lets see... this semester I have:
Learned to be more patient with everything including public transportation, have learned to put up with cranky old Italian men working behind glass, been to Barcelona and Madrid and have eaten tapas, met up with Coralie Bessette, been to the Prado and Reina Sofia, been to the top of Sagrada Familia, drank and made Sangria, went to Dublin, stole a Guinness pint, ate some fish and chips, explored castle ruins in the snow, even went to a local Irish hospital due to my friend's heavy nose bleed, I sadly broke down and had a McDonald's meal in the Rome train station and felt pretty guilty while doing it, I went to Brussels... and had a waffle... don't go to Brussels..., and in Italy I also went to Rome and Florence, saw David and Venus and other great things and ate wonderful Gelato... yes yes, I also explored the so called bad part of Naples (the spanish quarter) which is really cool and ate at the place where the Margherita  pizza was invented, I took a boat ride in Capri and walked up to the center stopping after getting lost with Katie for a short picnic, I had cannoli and fresh squeezed lemonade and a shot of Limoncello after bad service in a restaurant in Sorrento, I ate nutella and strawberries with Molly and Katie on the way home, I made some friends, used my Italian, learned how to figure out Italian's public transportation and now could use the metro anywhere, I went to mass in Italy... well parts of different masses, I played guitar on my porch, made crepes almost every time I was asked to, explained where Macerata is located more times than I can count and most people still didn't know where it was, I made gnocchi and lasagna, took Bailey's nightcaps from time to time with Carly, I had a picnic in Siena's piazza, ran through Siena to the station and still missed out bus, got stuck at the bottom of Assisi without a bus, visited the chocolate place almost everyday while my mom came to visit, spent more money than I probably should have but it was worth it.... and yeah, thats about it.

So I leave you with this quote:
"Wine is alive; as it ages, It changes" said by a jolly wine man we visited

This is my last post for a while, maybe forever and who knows, maybe I've changed too but that will be for all of you lovely people to decide the next time you see me.
For now, have a great, adventure filled next couple of months, I'll see you before you know it.

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment